Each week, Dr. Peter Janiszewski selects several notable posts from Health and Medical Research. He blogs at Obesity Panacea.
Here are some of the most fascinating discussions from the previous week:
- We’ve know for a while that exercise and a low calorie diet can reduce the effects of aging and extend lifespan in rodents. In a fascinating post, Scicurious of Neurotic Physiology discusses how this might happen.
- Flu season is upon us. But what is one to do to prevent catching it? Is simply washing your hands often good enough precaution? MC at Begin to Dig blog discusses.
- According to a new post on Nou Stuff, walking while listening to music can be a useful tool for gait training in Parkinson’s disease.
- We Canadians have already had our Thanksgiving, and most of us have by now worked off the excess consumed. Our friends in the US are about to have their Thanksgiving weekend. Colby of Nutritional Blogma discusses the association of Thanksgiving and weight gain.
- And finally, if you are currently blogging about science, or would like to start communicating science online, head over to our new venture, Science of Blogging and see what all the fuss is about.
Check back next week for some more riveting discussions of health and clinical research!