Editor’s Selections: Breathing and Health, Cats and Disease, Religion and Emotion, Genes and Metabolism, Sitting and DeathDecember 8th, 2010 Editor's Selections No Comments
Here are some of the most fascinating discussions from the previous week:
- Most alternative therapies are long on claims but short on evidence. Can deep breathing, as part of yoga training, do all the magical things it is purported to? PalMD questions the claims.
- According to DJ Busby, half of the world is infected by cats. I knew there was a reason I was never a fan of cats.
- Are religious kids happier than the non-religious? It turns out they may be more emotionally disturbed, according to a study discussed by Tom Rees on Epiphenom.
- Can a single gene explain diabetes or obesity? Razib Khan over at Gene Expression provides a fascinating and in-dept analysis.
- Can sitting too much kill you? Make sure you check out the 5-pt series on sedentary physiology by Travis Saunders over at Obesity Panacea.
Check back next week for some more riveting discussions of health and clinical research!