In the past year, ResearchBlogging.org members have made over 5,000 blog posts about peer-reviewed research. That’s more science content than any major newspaper, often from experts in their fields. We think these outstanding bloggers deserve serious recognition for their time and effort.
Seed Media Group’s Research Blogging Awards honor the bloggers who discuss peer-reviewed research in every field of scholarship.
Any blog that discusses peer-reviewed research is eligible for nomination, and the winners will be determined by votes from their peers in the Research Blogging community. All finalists will be highlighted on ResearchBlogging.org, and winners will receive cash prizes totaling $2000, with the Research Blog of the year taking home $1000.
Here’s how the awards will be chosen:
- Nominations: Anyone can nominate blogs (including their own) to be considered for the awards. Nominations close February 11, 2010.
- Finalists: A panel of expert judges will select 5 to 10 finalists in each category. Finalists will be announced February 25, 2010.
- Voting: Only registered users of ResearchBlogging.org may vote for the winners. Voting will be open from February 25 to March 11, 2010.
- Awards: The awards will be announced on March 23, 2010. Winners will be selected from the following categories:
- Research Blog of the Year $1,000
- Blog Post of the Year $50
- Research Twitterer of the Year $50
- Best New Blog (launched in 2009) $50
- Best Expert-Level blog $50
- Best Lay-Level blog $50
- Funniest Blog $50
- Best Blog — Spanish-Language $50
- Best Blog — German-Language $50
- Best Blog — Portuguese-Language $50
- Best Blog — Chinese-Language $50
- Best Blog — Biology $50
- Best Blog — Chemistry, Physics, or Astronomy $50
- Best Blog — Clinical Research $50
- Best Blog — Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics $50
- Best Blog — Conservation or Geosciences $50
- Best Blog — Health $50
- Best Blog — Psychology $50
- Best Blog — Philosophy, Research, or Scholarship $50
- Best Blog — Neuroscience $50
- Best Blog — Social Sciences or Anthropology $50
Nominations are open now. Click here to nominate your favorites.